Following discussions this evening we have had to review advice released this evening from Swim England;
“Having further reviewed the guidance, it is Swim England’s interpretation that club activity falls into the ‘public gathering’ category and therefore it is strongly advising clubs to consider cancelling or postponing activity – including events – until the end of May.”
We have informed the centre this evening that we will not be training for the rest of this week pending this guidance and are awaiting their response.
As you will all be aware the Coronavirus is spreading and new advice is being released all the time. As a club, committee and coaching team we will do our upmost to ensure the sustainability of the club is met through these unprecidented times. Further information to follow as it comes available to us.
Sam Davison and Greg Ient
(Chairman and Head Coach)
MOORS LEAGUE UPDATE
Based on the latest guidance and actions taken by swim England, and indeed the government announcement, I have taken the decision to cancel this weekends gala and suspend the league until further notice. As further advice is released we will review the position and hopefully bring everything back as normal.