Our first partial post-lockdown week has gone very well in the pool. We are happy with the measures that are in place and are ready to start working through some developments again which had occurred before the November lockdown measures were implemented.
We would like to thank all of the coaching team and volunteers who have supported the club in their return to the pool. Could we please ask, that if you feel in a position to volunteer to support the club on social distancing that you email the club, firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can start to fill some spaces over the coming weeks.
There are a few notes in this email regarding training alterations and important updates within this email please see the below details and ensure that you have read them in full.
- Bookings W/C 7th December
- Volunteer Support
- Swimmers having to self-isolate
- Swim England Health Survey – PLEASE ACTION
- Over-18 Swimmers
- Training Changes W/C 7th and 14th December
- Fees for 2021
Bookings W/C 7th December
The weeks training timetable is available on the membership system
All payments need to be made on the day of the booked event or notification sent to email@example.com on the day of the booked that BACS payment has been sent. We should not be having to chase finance for additional sessions.
- Monday Senior Squad 2 & 3 (6 spaces) 2015-2115 NLC
- Wednesday Senior Squad 1 (6 spaces) 2000-2115 NLC
- Thursday Senior (£2) and Development (£5) (20 spaces total) 1900-2000 BLC
- Thursday PAYGO (£6) (4 spaces total) 1900-2000 BLC
- Friday Senior Squad 1 (6 Spaces) 2000-2115 NLC
- Friday PAYGO (£6) (6 Spaces) 2000-2115 NLC
- Saturday BLC Senior Squad Session (£4) (24 Spaces) 1330-1530 BLC
- GCSE & A Level Footage/ Level X
- Saturday HLC PAYGO (£6) Session 1700-1800 NLC
As previously we require some support in ensuring that swimmers are registered and social distancing is maintained.
If you are available to support in this coming week please email the club on firstname.lastname@example.org
The role has changed as a registration of the swimmers on the system will now be completed by the coaching team to ensure that the social distancing and general hygiene measures are the key priority for the volunteers. The ‘one sider’ has been updated to reflect this
Swimmers having to self-isolate
It is not Northallerton ASC’s duty to monitor and enforce isolation rules passed by PHE during these times. This is the responsibility of the parents/swimmers/carers to ensure that they follow the rules imposed. The club is not informed by any system in place by the government or local authorities of those who are unable to attend the sessions put on by the club.
Please remember you must not come to training if you have any of the following symptoms
- Fever (above 37.8 degrees)
- New, persistent dry cough
- Loss of taste or smell
- Diarrhoea or vomiting
Or you have been told to self-isolate.
If you are in a position where you are having to self-isolate you must follow the rules within the dates quoted. You must also ensure that your profile is up-to-date on the clubs membership portal before you return to training
Swim England Health Survey – PLEASE ACTION
The Health Survey form and Covid-19 and Risk Awareness Declaration form are now available on the membership portal and can be signed electronically.
Please follow these steps to access the forms:
- Visit the club membership portal https://membership.nasc.co.uk
- Click on My Account
- Login using your email address and password (you can reset this if you’ve forgotten it)
- You will be sent an authentication code to your email address, please add the six digit number and click verify
- Go to the Covid section
- Health Screening Survey – click Go
- You will see the name of your swimmer(s) – click new submission
- Read the survey, complete the boxes and click ‘submit screening form’
- This document is now ‘awaiting approval’ form the Covid Officer
- The document will then be reviewed by the Covid Officer, who will contact you if they have any issues with the information that you have supplied.
- Sign out of the membership system.
The governing body (Swim England) have confirmed that the DCMS are happy for swimmers aged over 18 to attend training sessions in Tier 1 and Tier 2 restriction areas only. The club have completed some additional work around this and can confirm that PAYGO swimmers can attend as long as they have booked onto sessions.
As with all PAYGO sessions, if the session becomes over subscribed these groups of swimmers will unfortunately forfeit their place.
The DCMS have confirmed that ‘over 18’ does not turn 18 during the current academic year. So swimmers aged 17 on 31st August 2020 remain not affected by these latest restrictions.
Swimmers must book onto sessions prior to attending using the membership system
If we move to Tier 3 restrictions all those over 18 will be suspended from training.
PAYGO sessions are £6 per session, a full club membership and swim england membership are required also.
Training Changes W/C 7th and 14th December
Most sessions will operate as normal over this week. Please ensure that you have checked your squad on the membership system (https://membership.nasc.co.uk/) and training time(s) on the link below:
There are a few changes to Saturday 12th and Saturday 19th which are detailed below.
On Saturday 12th….
- Training will take place at Bedale Leisure Centre for all Senior Squad swimmers between 1.30 and 3.30pm.
- This session will be used for GCSE/A Level video footage and will have some Level X 50m events in the session to allow members to meet the requirements of the exam board.
- This session will cost £6 to attend and requires booking.
- Depending on numbers these sessions may be opened up further.
- Training for development squad swimmers will take place at Northallerton Leisure centre between 4.00pm and 5.00pm
- For those swimmers in Senior Squad who do not need video footage or are unable to attend Bedale Leisure Centre there will be a session 5.00pm to 6.00pm at Northallerton Leisure Centre
- For PAYGO members there will be a session 5.00pm to 6.00pm at Northallerton Leisure Centre at a cost of £6.
On Saturday 19th the same arrangements as above will be in place.
Sunday 20th December will operate as a level X competition for all squads at Northallerton Leisure Centre. Please attend your usual training time. More points for your teams up for grabs! PAYGO members are welcome to attend the senior squad sessions at a cost of £6.
There will be a separate email confirming the training arrangements over the christmas period W/C 21st and 28th December. We are just working through the coaching availability prior to advertising the schedule. All sessions on this two week period will be bookable so we can ensure that the numbers are high as safely possible. This two weeks of additional training opportunities is in replace of the November lockdown. No subscriptions should have been amended for the November and December months as the club are now not having a christmas break.
Fees for 2021
Attached to an email is a letter about fees for the 2021 period. These were agreed at the AGM on 24th November 2020. The NASC committee are pleased to confirm that at this stage there is no increase to monthly squad fees (a small change in the structure of these noted in the letter). Having sought expert advice on how best to ensure the clubs financial stability in 2021, there will be a COVID-19 gap payment which detailed in the letter.
If you have any amendments to your personal information please complete these changes online at https://membership.nasc.co.uk/.
We would also ask you to complete this short membership survey https://forms.gle/c6oFnpBs8fSKh1Yx9
Should anyone face significant financial hardship and be unable to make any payments, we ask that you get in touch in the strictest confidence with the club’s treasurer using email@example.com